Hello there. Thank you for stopping by!
Here's a little about me:
– I was born in India, grew up in Thailand, now residing in
with my husband, Alok, and my twin babies. My life revolves around them and this blog.
– After Bachelors in Telecommunications Engineering and an MBA in Marketing, I am now a homemaker. I am not a professional chef, don't get deceived by the picture; my friend gifted me that adorable chef's hat.
– I have various interests ranging from dance, photography, painting, crafts, reading, event management, and many more that keep changing with time. It took me a couple of decades to discover my ultimate passion: cooking and baking.
– I have an extremely sweet tooth. If I could I would start every meal with dessert first and eat it all the way until it is dessert-time. Not good, not good.
– While my mom and dad cooked amazing food at home, I cooked only occasionally (once or twice a year, to be more precise). There was a lot I learned from observing both of them, and I only truly started to cook and bake regularly after marriage.
– What many people close to me do not know about my history with cooking: I joined a 'Home Economics' course in grade 11 [year 2001] where I learned cooking, crochet, knitting, and all household-y things. Some of the dishes I learned in the course were Blueberry Cheesecake, Caramel Custard, Lasagna, Korean Scallion Pancakes, Pasta in White Sauce, and so much more!
– I am inspired by many personalities, blessed with wonderful family and friends, influenced by several cultures, and injected with a straightforward-hyperenergetic-carefree attitude.
And there's plenty about me in the 200+ posts here...surf around at your leisure ;-)
About this blog
“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”
– Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) American statesman, scientist and philosopher
I write on various topics and they're divided into categories in the tabs above. There's a little travelogue of mine, some poetry that I scribble occasionally, some how-to posts and ideas on food and non-food subjects, few humor and inspirational articles, some casual write-ups of mine, over a 100 recipes, and when I can't decide what category a post should be - it goes into miscellaneous.
My family has been a vegetarian since generations, and I continue to be one. So you will find only vegetarian and eggless recipes on this blog. I might occasionally go back and edit a recipe if I find a better way to make it, because I only want to give you what I think is the best. And that's my promise to you.
If you are searching for recipes: to make it easier for you so that you don't have to go through archives of each month, I have created a Recipe Photo Archive where you can scroll through the images to see if something catches your fancy. If you are searching for something particular, use the Ctrl+F function. Alternatively, you can use the search bar on the top.
This blog was born in 2011. "Spusht" is a Sanskrit word and it means simple, clear, and straightforward. That's exactly how I am, and how my blog is. I hope you enjoy reading. And if you do, I'd love to hear from you. Thank you for your time. Welcome to Spusht!
If you want to read more: why do i blog?
I usually post once or twice a week here on Spusht, and occasionally on my other blog SpushtChats. You can subscribe for free to receive updates sent to your email when new posts get published. I am more active on Facebook (sharing real-time pictures, tips, and so on) than updating this blog with new posts everyday, so come join me there.
It takes me about...
3 hours to plan, prepare, cook, photograph food, and do the dishes;
2 days to edit the pictures and complete writing a blog post;
1 major headache if photos and text that belong to me from my blog (unless noted otherwise) are copied without permission, without back link, and without credit; and
0 seconds to remove any spam message or a rude comment toward me, my blog, or my readers/commenters.
You may connect with me via or feel free to contact me here.