Apart from the most famous & unanswered issue ‘what came first – the chicken or the egg?’ here are some perplexing questions that will make you wonder & ponder, over & over :D :D
1. Why doesn’t glue stick to its bottle?
2. Can you cry under water?
3. Why don’t birds fall off trees when they sleep?
5. When they say dog food is new & improved, who tastes it?
6. If money doesn’t grow on trees then why do banks have branches?
7. Why does round pizza come in a square box?
8. Do fishes ever get thirsty?
9. Since there is a rule that states "i" before "e" except after "c", wouldn't "science" be spelled wrong?
10. Why does it say "shake well" on ketchup bottles, but not ketchup packets?
11. Why is it called 'after dark', when it is really after light?
12. If mummies are from Egypt, then where are daddies from?
13. Why does night fall but never break & day break but never fall?
14. Where do they get the seeds to plant seedless watermelons?
15. Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected become the expected?
16. If a brown cow eats green grass why is it's milk white?
17. If a giraffe had a sore throat, how many lozenges would it need to make it better?
18. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
19. If a turtle does not have a shell on, is he homeless or naked?
20. If a vegetarian is someone who eats vegetables, what does that make a humanitarian?
21. If corn oil comes from corn, where does baby oil come from?
22. If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?
23. If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
24. If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?
25. What do birdies see when they faint?
26. What do butterflies feel when they're in love?
27. What is listed as the hair color on a driver’s license of a bald headed man?
28. Why do we drive on parkways & park on driveways?
29. If crime fighters fight crime & fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?
30. Why does Queen Elizabeth, who has people to put on her make-up, do her hair, & needs no cash or identification, carry a purse?
31. Why does the sun on the Raisin Bran cereal box wear sunglasses?
32. Why do they call it research, when looking for something new?
33. Why do they call them "apartments" when they are all stuck together?
34. Why is it called lipstick if you can still move your lips?
35. Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?
36. Why is lemonade made with artificial flavoring, while dishwasher soap is made with real lemons?
37. Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
38. Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
39. You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes, why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?
40. Do stuttering people stutter when they're thinking to themselves?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . departing with that, here's wishing everyone a happy and healthy, beautiful and blessed, prosperous and peaceful year 2012!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Note: Received most of these in forwarded e-mails over the years, and some were added to the list when I came across anyone’s status messages. I didn’t write any of these, and I don’t know who did!