Adapted from Shobha Indani's book, here's how to make canned pineapple, this is what you have to do:
1. Take a firm ripe pineapple. Peel it and remove the hard core from the center, if there is any. Rinse the pineapple clean. Make thick round slices or dice them, up to you.
2. In a pan, add sugar and water in 2:1 ratio and add a pinch (⅛ tsp) of citric acid to it. (Since my pineapple was pretty sweet and I was concerned about excess sugar, I used 1:1 sugar:water ratio) Cook it, stirring occasionally till sugar melts, to make sugar syrup.
3. Put the pineapple slices or chunks in a deep container; pour the sugar syrup over it until pineapple is completely immersed.
4. Place this container in a pressure cooker, floating over just inch deep water inside the cooker.
5. Cook over high flame till one whistle and then on a low flame for 5 more minutes.
6. Let cool, then store in a clean and dry glass jar in refrigerator for a month or for months in a plastic container in the freezer.
You now have a homemade canned pineapple version, ready to use the sweetened pineapple slices or chunks for a quick pineapple juice, or add in a mixed fruit smoothie, or make a pineapple upside-down cake, or use as one of the pizza toppings. Cool, eh?
- how to slice a pineapple
- how to make canned pineapple
- pineapple sweetened
- how to cut a pineapple
- how to make canned pineapple at home
- homemade canned pineapple
- how to preserve pineapple natural way
- sweetened pineapple
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Connect with Spusht via: Facebook | Email | RSS | Twitter