Dinner Day 11 to 20 | 30 Days of Homemade Vegetarian Meals

What started out as only a "30-day challenge" for me to cook some dishes and serve myself a plate full of freshly prepared food for dinner has now become a fun thing that I feel like continuing.  I get into the kitchen at about 5pm and it takes me about 1-2 hours from start to finish.  If I could reduce that time somehow, probably freeze or chop or roast or prepare some things ahead of time, then it might work out even better.

And once this becomes a routine-like thing to have homemade dinners as often as I can make, I guess I will start looking for another 30-day challenge.  Because if I don't challenge myself to do better, who will?!




Day 11 - It is Ekadashi today and Alok is fasting.  So for dinner tonight I cooked Sabudana (tapioca pearl) Khichdi, Singhare (water chestnut flour) ki Poori, made some salted-spiced makhana (lotus seeds) and salted-spiced peanuts, aloo ka halwa, vrat wale aloo ki sabzi, and phool makhana kheer.
--> Recipe for Sabudana Khichdi
--> Recipe for Singhaare ki Poori


 Day 12 - Returned home late after taking kids out to a play area so for dinner tonight I cooked only Spinach Paratha...and the rest on the side are: lemon pickle, fryums, carrot, yogurt, and wafer rolls.
--> How to make Yogurt at Home

Day 13 - For dinner tonight I made Methi Poori and Aloo sabzi. So delicious!!! And on the side that's yogurt, and chocolate for my dessert :)

Day 14 - My simple dinner tonight. I made Rajma and Rice. On the side are fryums and wafer rolls.

Day 15 - For dinner tonight I made mmmmmmm my favorite Pav Bhaji!! Yum Yum!

Day 16 - Dinner tonight: I cooked Chhole, Kadhai ki Poori, and Rice.

Day 17 - For dinner I cooked Methi Matar Malai (Rasoi Magic instant mix), Mixed Vegetable Soup (Knorr), Phulka, Jeera Rice, and Carrot Halwa for dessert.
--> Recipe for Carrot Halwa

Day 18 - For today's special dinner I made Pani Puri, Chhole Chaat, Dahi Papdi, and Chawal ki Kheer (Rice Pudding) for dessert! 
God I miss eating streetside Pani Puri in India. And Pav Bhaji. And Paan. Mmmmmm.
--> Recipe for Pani Puri
--> Recipe for Chawal ki Kheer

Day 19 - For dinner tonight I made Matar Paneer, Bhindi sabzi, Phulka, Rabdi for dessert...and that's carrot and yogurt on the side. Time for some wine to balance out the exhaustion!
--> Recipe for Bhindi ki Sabzi
--> Recipe for Rabdi

Day 20 - For our dinner I made phulka and baingan bharta...and that's onion, carrot, salted pistachios, and mango lassi on the side.
--> Recipe for Baingan Bharta 



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Come connect with me! on  Facebook  |  Email  |  RSS  |  Twitter

2 comments:

  1. All meals are looking very good, thus i need to know very how do you did this, it is really very attractive.

    Digital Marketing Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. great information,i like this kind of blog information really very nice and more new skills to develop after reading that post.

    Best Dental Clinic in Anna Nagar | Best Dental Clinic in Ashok Nagar

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop your comments - opinion, ideas, correction, suggestion, related memories, discussions or questions - anything that makes me & this blog better or helps you & others is welcome!

SPAM MESSAGES, ADVERTISEMENTS, AND COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO YOUR BLOG & EVENTS WILL BE DELETED.
Please keep the space clean, keep it SPUSHT! ;)

I can also be reached here if you want to write me a quick message. And hey, thanks for dropping by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...